Flu season is coming, and we can help you prepare
Protect yourself and your family from the flu this winter by scheduling your flu jab. Booking online is easy: just choose a time that suits you and visit us in person at the appointed time.
The seasonal flu vaccine (flu jab) protects against four strains of the flu virus. The vaccine is customised every autumn to reflect the flu strains that are most likely to circulate, so it’s important that you receive a new vaccine each year.
The vaccine is available every year to adults and children at risk of flu and its complications. The flu vaccine is available as a nasal spray for children 2 to 17.
Here’s a free criteria for a free flu vaccine
If you meet any of the criteria below you are eligible for a free flu vaccine:
- You’re 65 years of age and over
- You’re pregnant
- You’re a child aged 2 to 17 years
- You’re an adult or child aged 6 months or older with a long-term health condition like: chronic heart/liver disease, chronic renal failure, respiratory disease, chronic neurological disease, diabetes mellitus haemoglobinopathies, morbid obesity, immunosuppression due to disease or treatment (including treatment for cancer), are a child with a moderate to severe neurodevelopmental disorder,
- You were born with Down syndrome
- You live in a nursing home or other long-term care facility
- You work in healthcare
- You are a carer or live with someone who is at risk of flu because of a long-term health condition
- You are a carer or live with someone who has Down syndrome
- People who are in regular contact with pigs, poultry or waterfowl should get the flu vaccine.
You can also get ahead of the winter illness season by stocking up on cold and flu remedies like the ones below: